One of Niagara’s many hidden gems, Cherry Lane is a fruit farm with a twist. It is a generations old family farm that not only grows tart Montmorency cherries (the best for making pies) but also runs a large canning operation. In fact they are the largest supplier of canned and frozen fruit in Niagara- I don’t know of any other canneries in Ontario.
They sell frozen Apricots, Blackberries, Blueberries, Cranberries, Peaches, Raspberries, Rhubarb and Strawberries. They also carry several product made locally, with their fruit such as jams, chutney’s and vinegar.
But the cherries are the real find – and they’re local! As per their website:
“Tart cherries are rich in antioxidants”
- Research suggests that tart cherries are a natural pain reliever and may reduce inflammation
- Potential to reduce the risk of certain cancers
- Source of melatonin, a potent antioxidant that helps regulate natural sleep patterns
- May offer protection against cardiovascular disease
- An excellent source of beta carotene (Vitamin A)
And they provide the following links for further information about the health benefits of tart cherries.
For more information about their products you can contact Julianna at (905) 562-4337 x21.
They are located in Vineland at: